Systems of Care
A system of care is: A spectrum of effective, community-based services and supports for children and youth with or at risk for mental health or other challenges and their families, that is organized into a coordinated network, builds meaningful partnerships with families and youth, and addresses their cultural and linguistic needs, in order to help them to function better at home, in school, in the community, and throughout life (Source: Stroul, B., Blau, G., & Friedman, R. (2010)).
- Systems of Care Concept & Philosophy
- Systems of Care Technical Assistance Enterprise
- Strategies for System of Care Development: Locally Identified Factors for System Implementation
- Strategic Framework for Expanding the System of Care Approach: Five Core Strategy Areas and Sub-strategies
- System Implementation Issue Brief: Critical Factors in System of Care Implementation
- Transforming the Workforce in Children's Mental Health
[ top of page ]
DBHDS is working with stakeholders to develop a comprehensive strategic plan that builds on the system of care work that has already occurred in Virginia in order to implement systems of care statewide. The current focus is to expand the array and capacity of services to assure a consistent base level of services for children and families statewide.
The base level services are:
1. Crisis Response Services
2. Case Management and Intensive Care Coordination
3. Psychiatric Services
4. In-Home Services
For a complete list of Virginia’s children’s behavioral health comprehensive service array please view Children's Behavioral Health Comprehensive Service Array.
[ top of page ]
- ·Top of Page
- ·RSS Feed
- .Site Map
- Document Help: Adobe PDF
- ·Windows Media Player
- ·UnZip files
If you have trouble opening a document, you may need to download one of the above free plug-ins (WinZip is a trial version). For comments or questions about this site, please Email the Webmaster. Thank you for visiting the Commonwealth of Virginia DBHDS Web site. © Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.