Available to citizens statewide, Virginia’s public mental health, intellectual disability and substance abuse services system is comprised of 16 state facilities and 40 locally-run community services boards (CSBs) The CSBs and facilities serve children and adults who have or who are at risk of mental illness, serious emotional disturbance, intellectual disabilities, or substance abuse disorders.
Please click here if you need immediate help.
DBHDS has been working with a broad network of stakeholders to transform our system to enhance community-based care for individuals, make overdue infrastructure improvements to our state facilities and to change the way services are delivered. Our strategic plans reflect efforts to fully embrace self-determination, empowerment, and recovery for individuals in our service system. We have also been further examining our system and working with state and local leadership to determine the services that will be needed in the future.
- Community Behavioral Health Quality Improvement Measures
- Item 314.K Fiscal Year 2012 Annual Report
- Behavioral Health Advisory Council
- Behavioral Healthcare for Veterans
- Co-Occurring Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
- Cultural & Linguistic Competence
- Easy Access for Seniors and Adults with Disabilities
- Infant & Toddler Connection Of Virginia
- Behavioral Health and Criminal Justice
- Mental Health Reform
- Money Follows the Person
- Screening for Substance Use
- State Board of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
- Substance Abuse Services Council
- VA's Public Behavioral Health and Developmental Services System
- Voices of Hope and Recovery
- Safety and Quality Alerts
- More Resources
- ·Top of Page
- ·RSS Feed
- .Site Map
- Document Help: Adobe PDF
- ·Windows Media Player
- ·UnZip files
If you have trouble opening a document, you may need to download one of the above free plug-ins (WinZip is a trial version). For comments or questions about this site, please Email the Webmaster. Thank you for visiting the Commonwealth of Virginia DBHDS Web site. © Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.