- HCBS Waiver Analysis
- Public Forum and Interview Results
- Evaluation of the Supports Intensity Scale
- Waiver Design and Advisory Committee
- Public Comments
DBHDS has established a “Provider Advisory Committee,” facilitated by HSRI’s subcontractor, Burns & Associates, to provide input to the rate study survey, which will be distributed to all ID and DD Waiver providers, and then review survey results and react to rate setting models. These activities are critical to Phase Two of HSRI’s waiver study, which involves a review of service reimbursement rates and how DBHDS and DMAS allocate funds for individuals who receive ID/DD waiver services. The Provider Advisory Committee is comprised of representatives of the ID/DD provider community from across the state.
DBHDS leadership is establishing an Advisory group and related subcommittees to consider the recommendations made by HSRI, provide input on the new waiver design, and make suggestions regarding means of enhancing system processes. These groups will be facilitated by DBHDS and HSRI. The work of these groups is crucial to ensuring transparency and a well vetted waiver. The Waiver Design and Advisory Committee (WDAC) and subcommittee membership will be comprised of ID and DD self-advocates, family members, representatives from CSBs, provider agencies, advocacy groups, and parent groups from across the Commonwealth. A listing of WDAC and subcommittee members follows.
The groups’ charges are as follows:WDAC:
- Developing a new waiver concept paper from which elements of the CMS waiver application(s) will be drawn.
- Providing input to the new waiver development process particularly with regard to training, implementation, and evaluation.
- Clarifying & creating one set of criteria for eligibility for ID/DD services in Virginia.
- Advising on related policy and regulation development, as well as training and implementation strategies.
- Clarifying & creating one set of criteria for effective support coordination/case management for individuals with ID/DD, including individuals who do not receive waiver services.
- Reviewing and recommending changes to guidelines, policies and regulations for the provision of support coordination/case management.
- Clarifying & creating one set of criteria for managing the ID/DD waiting list for services in Virginia.
- Proposing and evaluating the impact of combining the current ID/DD waiting lists.
- Advising on policy and regulation development.
- Advising on a means of meeting inter-rater reliability standards as well as to securing a valid assessment via the Supports Intensity Scale.
- Offering guidance, from a provider perspective, to Burns & Associates (HSRI’s subcontractor) in their work of gathering and synthesizing information for the rate study portion of the overall waiver study.
Click here if you have a Public Comment for My Life My Community.
[ top of page ]
- ·Top of Page
- ·RSS Feed
- .Site Map
- Document Help: Adobe PDF
- ·Windows Media Player
- ·UnZip files
If you have trouble opening a document, you may need to download one of the above free plug-ins (WinZip is a trial version). For comments or questions about this site, please Email the Webmaster. Thank you for visiting the Commonwealth of Virginia DBHDS Web site. © Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.