The Supports Intensity Scale (SIS)®
The Supports Intensity Scale (SIS)® is used to measure the frequency and intensity of supports an individual with an intellectual disability needs to meet quality of life goals. The SIS® is an instrument developed by the American Association of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD).
Virginia piloted the SIS® in various CSBs and Training Centers beginning in 2006. On April 1, 2009, the Commonwealth adopted the instrument as the statewide assessment tool for individuals on MR/ID and DS waivers. Here are resources for using and learning about the SIS®.
- Orientation to The Supports Intensity Scale (SIS)® (PowerPoint)
- Respondent Training March 2013
- Orientation to The Supports Intensity Scale (SIS)® and the Person-Centered Planning (PCP) Process (May 2009)
- SIS® in Virginia (PowerPoint)
- Why The SIS®?
- The SIS® and Individual Service Plans (white paper)
- SIS® Log In for Administrators and Interviewers
- SIS® Psychometrics (white paper)
- Additional SIS® Information
- Annual Risk Assessment form (01/2010) (Word 2003)
- Annual Risk Assessment (Supplemental Questions to the SIS®) Instructions (Word 2003)
- Sample SIS® Report
- SIS® Family Report Sample
[ top of page ]
- March 26-27 Adult SIS Richmond, at DBHDS
- April 16th for the Children’s SIS Richmond, at DBHDS
- Case Management Forms for Waiver, ISAR, ISP
- ICF/ID Forms for Person Centered Planning (PCP)
- Individual Support Plan (ISP) Forms for Person Centered Planning (PCP)
- Money Follows the Person (MFP)
- Forms Search
[ top of page ]
- ·Top of Page
- ·RSS Feed
- .Site Map
- Document Help: Adobe PDF
- ·Windows Media Player
- ·UnZip files
If you have trouble opening a document, you may need to download one of the above free plug-ins (WinZip is a trial version). For comments or questions about this site, please Email the Webmaster. Thank you for visiting the Commonwealth of Virginia DBHDS Web site. © Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.