To provide high quality pharmaceutical care to consumers within the DBHDS in an atmosphere of educational growth, shared respect, communication, empowerment and recovery.
Pharmacists in the Virginia
DBHDS, (or “Department”) will
become full partners in the delivery of health care by becoming the primary
drug therapy manager for consumers utilizing Departmental pharmacy services.
Pharmacy Services in the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS or “Department”) are committed to:
- Being an integral part of the interdisciplinary patient / consumer care team responsible for the provision of drug expertise.
- Contributing to and accepting responsibility for optimal therapeutic outcomes.
- Fostering an environment that promotes the safe, efficacious, and cost-effective use of medications.
- Educating patients, consumers and healthcare professionals on the proper use of medications.
- Partnering, participating and supporting the State Pharmacy, Therapeutics and Formulary Committee in it’s mission to serve consumers in the outpatient setting.
- Enhancing evidence-based decisions that support the continuous improvement of client safety, improve the efficiency of the medication use system while at all times continuously promoting positive client outcomes.
- Continuously improving the drug distribution system by maximizing pharmacy technicians as the management experts.
- Facilitating and or providing methods for staff members to continuously improve their knowledge, skills, and abilities applicable to the pharmaceutical and patient care system.
- Attracting, mentoring, and training highly qualified pharmacists, certified technicians and supportive personnel.
- Promoting the future of pharmacy practice within the DBHDS through the ongoing training of staff.
[ top of page ]
Pharmacy Services within the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and
Developmental Services supports patient-focused, cost
effective and cost efficient pharmaceutical care that emphasizes empowerment
The mission and vision of Va. DBHDS Pharmacy Services supports the Departmental focus on its’ Vision of self-determination, empowerment and recovery. This means being responsive to the needs and preferences of consumers and families utilizing our services in the Commonwealth. This Departmental position challenges us to change the culture, philosophy and values, and to fully embrace the concepts of recovery. The overall vision of the DMHMRSAS serves as the basis for the Pharmacy Department’s mission and vision, which in turn serves as the basis of the Department’s scope of practice. In developing the Department’s scope of practice, consideration is given to specific patient populations served by the State facilities, as well as the State Community Resource Pharmacy, which provides services for consumers in community settings in Virginia.
[ top of page ]
- COMMUNITY RESOURCE PHARMACY
- STATE PHARMACY AND THERAPEUTICS COMMITTEE
- Medication History Card
- Forms Search
- DBHDS MEDIS RePortal Account Request Form
- HIPAA Computer Security Awareness Acknowledgement Form
[ top of page ]
- ·Top of Page
- ·RSS Feed
- .Site Map
- Document Help: Adobe PDF
- ·Windows Media Player
- ·UnZip files
If you have trouble opening a document, you may need to download one of the above free plug-ins (WinZip is a trial version). For comments or questions about this site, please Email the Webmaster. Thank you for visiting the Commonwealth of Virginia DBHDS Web site. © Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.