Substance Abuse Services Useful Information
- Develop an integrated substance abuse (community and facility) array of treatment and support elements.
- Establish quality standards and practices throughout the substance abuse treatment system.
- Improve internal and external customer communications and relationships.
- Increase education and training on current substance abuse methods when working with rural or culturally distinct populations.
- Maximize technology and resources to sustain, support, and expand the substance abuse treatment system.
- Empower the substance abuse treatment system to reduce and prevent the adverse effects of alcohol and drug abuse on individuals, families, and communities in Virginia.
- RD265 - 2012 Substance Abuse Services Council Response to Code of Virginia § 2.2-2697 (on the Legislative Services Web site)
- 2011 Substance Abuse Services Council Annual Report and Plan (on the Legislative Services Web site)
- 2011 Biennial Report on Substance Abuse Services Per Code of Virginia § 37.2-310
- 2009 Biennial Report on Substance Abuse Services per Code of Virginia § 37.2-310
- Annual Consumer Satisfaction Survey Report
- Biennial Report on Substance Abuse Services 2004 and 2005
- Creating Opportunities for People in Need of Substance Abuse Services, An Interagency Approach to Strategic Resource Development (October, 2011)
- DRAFT: Mitigating the Costs of Substance Abuse in Virginia (June 2008)
- Olmstead: Final Report of the Task Force to Develop an Olmstead Plan for Virginia
[ top of page ]
- Dr. Dwayne Simpson: Planning for Effective Treatment Services and Implementing Change
- Co-Occurring Mental Illness and Substance Use Disorders (VASIP Web site)
- Guidance Bulletins
- Opioid (Methadone) Treatment Program Services
- Public Hearing to Receive Comments on the Annual Synar Report
- Services for People who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Late Deafened and Deaf Blind
- Substance Abuse Services Council
- VA. Faith Based Program Directory of programs that work with Substance Abuse Clients
- Virginia Responds Pamphlets (Spanish) (Help for Living with the September 11th Disaster)
- Virginia Summer Institute for Addiction Studies
[ top of page ]
- ·Top of Page
- ·RSS Feed
- .Site Map
- Document Help: Adobe PDF
- ·Windows Media Player
- ·UnZip files
If you have trouble opening a document, you may need to download one of the above free plug-ins (WinZip is a trial version). For comments or questions about this site, please Email the Webmaster. Thank you for visiting the Commonwealth of Virginia DBHDS Web site. © Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.