How to Get Help - Locate Services in Virginia
here if you need immediate help.
A community services board (CSB) is the point of entry into the publicly-funded system of mental health, intellectual disability, and substance abuse services. CSBs provide pre-admission screening services 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Learn more about CSB services.
- Your Local Community Services Board (CSB) – Gives you the ability to determine which CSB serves your locality and to get contact information for immediate assistance.
- State Facilities – Contact information for Virginia’s 16 state psychiatric hospitals and training centers.
- Licensed Provider Search (LPS) – Look up licensed mental health, intellectual disability, substance abuse, IFDDS Waiver, and brain injury residential services in Virginia.
- 2-1-1 Virginia – 211 provides a wide variety of free health and human service referrals. You may talk with a certified call specialist by dialing 2-1-1 toll free, seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. to midnight.
- Coping with Disaster – Public information and training tools for the public mental health response following disasters.
- Links to Statewide Resources
Information and assistance resources related to health, mental health, substance abuse, intellectual disabilities, including information especially for children, older adults, deaf and hard of hearing, veterans and
- ·Top of Page
- ·RSS Feed
- .Site Map
- Document Help: Adobe PDF
- ·Windows Media Player
- ·UnZip files
If you have trouble opening a document, you may need to download one of the above free plug-ins (WinZip is a trial version). For comments or questions about this site, please Email the Webmaster. Thank you for visiting the Commonwealth of Virginia DBHDS Web site. © Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.