The Individual and Family Support Program (IFSP) assists individuals with developmental disabilities and their families with accessing person-centered and family-centered resources, supports, services and other assistance. The program's primary target population is individuals on the waiting list for Virginia's Developmental Disabilities (DD) Medicaid waivers.
The goal of the program is to support continued community living.
Click HERE to sign-up for important IFSP Program Updates.
August 13, 2018
Registration is now open for the IFSP Online Application. Registration must be completed online using the IFSP Online Portal. Remember: You will not be able to complete an application until September 10, 2018. To see a complete timeline for FY 2019, go to FY 2019 IFSP Funding Update, August 2018.
- If you plan to use the same email address that was used for your FY 2018 application, you do not need to register again.
- If you forgot your password, please visit the IFSP Online Portal and select "Login". On the login page, click "Forgot Password" to reset your password.
- If you registered with an email address that is no longer valid, please create a new account using your new email address. For detailed instructions on how to register, visit the IFSP Online Portal User Guide
- If this is your first time registering an email address, please register using an email account that you check frequently. All communication about your application will be sent to your registered email.
- When you register, you will receive a confirmation email. Please follow the emailed instructions to complete the registration.
- New registrants should verify that the name and social security number of the individual who is on the DD waitlist is listed correctly on the DD Waitlist. To confirm this information, please contact your case manager at your local CSB. To find your local CSB, visit the My Life My Community Website.
Remember: You will not be able to complete an application until September 10, 2018, and you will not be able to submit an application before October 10, 2018. If you need assistance registering an account, please email IFSP staff IFSPsupport@dbhds.virginia.gov.
August 6, 2018
The Individual and Family Support Program (IFSP) has released the FY 2019 Funding Timeline. Please click the link below to learn more about funding applications dates. FY 2019 IFSP Funding Update, August 2018
July 30, 2018
The Individual and Family Support Program (IFSP) will release information on the FY 2019 IFSP Funding Program the week on August 13, 2018. In the meantime, please signup for our email list to get the most up -to-date program information about the IFSP Funding Program.
If you received FY 2018 IFSP funds, please give us your feedback using the satisfaction survey link sent out to all FY 2018 funding program recipients by email.
June 12, 2018
Reminder: All FY 2018 IFSP Funding Applicants who received funds during the March debit card issuance must submit receipts no later than July 2nd, 2018.
The Individual and Family Support Program (IFSP) has issued payments to a group of individuals who's applications were intially rejected because of limited funds. If you have been approved for the addtional funds, you will receive a confirmation email from the IFSP Staff. Please review the email for information on the revised receipt policy for this group.
As a reminder, all 2018 funds will be issued by check card. Check cards will be issued by a third-party card processor. All cards will be mailed directly to the address that was provided for the responsible party when the application was completed.
Each responsible party will receive one pre-loaded check card with funds for all of the people that were applied. The card will be delivered by USPS in an unmarked envelope with a return address from Austin, TX.
It is important that you review the IFSP Funding Program Guidelines, Application, Forms, etc. section below for information on how to register your card, receipt policies, resources for maximizing your IFSP funds, and answers to frequently asked questions.
The IFSP Funding Program is no longer accepting applications for FY 2018 IFSP Funding. All applicants have been notified via email as to the status of their application, and those who have applied may login into the on-line web portal to see their application status.
FY 2018 IFSP Applicants, to access the application portal, please go to IFSP Online Application Portal.
The FY 2018 IFSP Application was available from October 23, 2017 to November 17, 2017. Information about future funding opportunites will be posted to the IFSP website no earlier than Spring 2018.
IFSP Community Coordination
DBHDS established the Individuals and Family Support Community Coordination Program to assist families and individuals with developmental disabilities with making local connections to resources and supports that maintain community living.
The effort is a partnership led by family volunteers that have formed councils covering the five DBHDS service regions. Together, DBHDS and the IFSP State and Regional Councils have worked to establish Virginia’s Individual and Family Support State Plan and to set local goals to support its implementation.
For more information, please see the links below for helpful resources.
- IFSP Community Coordination Program
- The IFSP State and Regional Roster
- Virginia's Individual and Family Support Program State Plan for Increasing Support for Virginian's with Developmental Disabilities (November 2017)
For more information about the IFSP Community Coordination Program, please contact
Erika Jones-Haskins, MSW
Community Coordinator, Individual and Family Support Program
Division of Developmental Services
IFSP Funding Program
The IFSP Funding Program provides financial assistance to individuals and families awaiting services through one of Virginia's Developmental Disabilities waivers. Individuals on the waitlist may apply for financial assistance to cover eligible costs that support continued living in an independent setting.
For additional information on the IFSP Funding Program, please contact Bob Villa, IFSP Manager
IFSP Funding Program Guidelines, Application, Forms, etc.