Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID)
Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities –(ICF/IID)– for children and adults are licensed by the DBHDS Office of Licensing, then a provider must be certified by the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Licensing and Certification, whose contact information may be found at the following link: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/OLC/longtermcare/.
Regulations Affecting State Training Centers
- Amended Regulations for Respite and Emergency Care Admissions to Intellectual Disability Facilities
- Regulations Establishing Procedures for the Voluntary Admission of Individuals Who Have Intellectual Disabilities to State Intellectual Disability Facilities
Single Point of Entry
DBHDS in partnership with DMAS conducts the screening process for individuals (adults or children) seeking admission to an ICF/IID. To begin the process, please complete the VIDES Request Form below. For information regarding Children’s ICF/IID or the SPE process, contact Community Integration Manager at 804-297-1208.
Training Center Admission
- Emergency and Respite Application (2016 Revision)
- Southeastern Virginia Training Center
- Training Center Census is 150 as of September 17, 2018.
List of Individuals Seeking Community Services Providers
The Department of Behavioral Health and Development Services (DBHDS) implemented five Regional Support Teams (RSTs) in March 2013. The RSTs are comprised of professionals with experience and expertise in serving individuals with developmental disabilities and complex behavioral and medical needs. The RST will seek to resolve identified barriers and ensure supports are provided in the most integrated setting are appropriate to the individual’s needs and are consistent with the individual’s informed choice.
- When to Submit RST Referral
- RST Meeting Schedule and CSB Regions
- RST Referral Process
- Virginia Informed Choice (VIC) Form -[word file]
- Virginia Informed Choice Guidance Example
- Virginia Informed Choice-Handfill
- RST Referral Form -[word file]
- RST Referral Guidance Example
- RST Recommendations Tracker Guidance Example
Referrals should be made by the individual’s CSB Case Manager. To make a referral, please submit the guardianship referral form, electronically to guardianship mailbox. The most recent capacity evaluation must be submitted along with the referral. The referring party is responsible for updating any changes in the individual’s status, including death, restoration of capacity, changes in CSB, etc. using the guardianship change form.
- Public Guardianship Referral Form
- Public Guardianship Change Form
- Public Guardianship Referal Process for ID Slots
- ID-Guardianship Request for Funding