Thank you for visiting the Developmental Disability Services page for individuals and families. In this section, you will find resources about accessing services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Responses to Public Comments (New Update)
The Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) has completed its review of comments submitted in response to the proposed provider rates for services provided through the Intellectual Disabilities (ID), Individual and Family Developmental Disabilities Support (DD), and Day Support waiver programs.
- DBHDS’ response to each submitted comment as well as the changes made in response to comments are included in a document here.
- The final rate models, which incorporate changes made in responses to public comments can be found here.
- The estimated fiscal impact of implementing the final rate models can be viewed here.
DBHDS appreciates everyone who took time to provide feedback on the proposed rate models and looks forward to stakeholders’ continued involvement to incorporate the new fee schedule into the waivers and to work through the budget process to secure the funding necessary to begin implementing these rates in 2016.
Initial Waiver Redesign Documents:
As many of you are aware, My Life, My Community is a DBHDS to improve services for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (I/DD). As part of this initiative, DBHDS is reviewing various aspects of the programs serving individuals with I/DD.
This review includes the rates paid to providers of waiver services. With the assistance of a national consultant – Burns & Associates, Inc. (B&A) – DBHDS has developed proposed rate models. The following materials have been prepared and are available online.
Overview of Proposed Waiver Rates
Information Brief on the Supports Intensity Scale (SIS)
Estimated Fiscal Impact of Proposed Rate Models
Proposed Waiver Rate Models
Provider Survey Analysis
Division of Developmental Services Leadership Contacts:
Upcoming The Advisory Consortium on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
"Where Diversity is Appreciated, Consensus is Valued and All Opinions Matter."
Charge for TACIDD
1. TACIDD serves in an advisory capacity to the DBHDS through the Office of Developmental Services on issues regarding policy, services and supports for persons with developmental disabilities in Virginia.
2. TACIDD is made up of any interested party in Virginia who wishes to participate in advising the DBHDS in the development of policy and services with regard to persons with DD. TACIDD does not have "members." All recognized organizations in Virginia who have as a primary focus the development or improvement of services and supports for persons with DD are invited and encouraged to have at least one representative at each meeting. TACIDD strives to have regional representation from across the Commonwealth.
3. TACIDD produces outcomes in the form of written "Advisories" to the Department concerning any issue it has been assigned by the Department or has elected to develop.
4. TACIDD uses the form of smaller work groups to research and develop the Advisories on specific issues for presentation to the larger group.
5. TACIDD tracks items related to developmental disabilities that are being developed by other agencies through invitation for presentations and through periodic reports.
6. TACIDD focuses on its role as an advisor to the Department, is oriented to the development of Advisories on issues related to best practice models and improvements to the current system in Virginia and annually evaluates its effectiveness through an assessment of the number of Advisories that result in legislative or policy affirmation as a percentage of the full body of work developed.
TACIDD generally meets four times per year. Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held on the third Friday of the months of April, June, September, and November; from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. The location is the Henrico County Community Services Board, 10299 Woodman Road, Glen Allen, Virginia 23060 (just outside of Richmond). Directions
Next Scheduled Meeting:
April 17, 2015... Agenda