Money Follows the Person (MFP)
Money Follows the Person (MFP) provides options for community living to individuals who live in Nursing Facilities (NF), Long-Stay Hospitals (LSH), Institute for Mental Disorders (IMD), Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities (PRTF) and Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/ID) for 90 days or more. The MFP initiative has three basic objectives:
- Provide participants who live in these Virginia long term care institutions more informed choices and options about where they can live and receive services;
- Transition participants from these institutions if they choose to live in the community; and
- Promote quality care through services that are person-centered, appropriate, and based on participant needs – Person Centered Practices and Planning (PCP).
Participants must be eligible for Medicaid, qualify for and enroll into upon discharge, a Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) or one of the following waiver programs:
- Elderly or Disabled with Consumer-Direction Waiver (EDCD)
- Individual and Family Developmental Disabilities Support Waiver (DD)
- Intellectual Disabilities Waiver (ID)
- Technology Assisted Waiver (TECH);
The following links provide more information about MFP:
Forms and Procedures to Access MFP:
Any questions contact:
Tonya Carr, B.S.
MFP Family Resource Consultant
DBHDS-Division of Developmental Services